April 27, 2019 @ 9:00AM — 4:00PM
Your Voice, Advocacy Amplified
California has been cited as the state with both the highest potential of child sex trafficking cases in the country and the most calls reported to the National Human Trafficking Hotline. Within California, Los Angeles is one of the top three hubs for human trafficking. The need for advocates to educate their communities - from schools to civic groups to their workplaces - is huge, and lives are at stake.
Are you a community leader, activist, or concerned citizen? Would you like to lend your powerful voice to the fight against human trafficking? If so, please join us at our inaugural Speaker Training. This is a speaker certification program, with a certificate of completion to be provided at the end of the training. Whatever your level of experience or understanding of human trafficking, we will provide you with the tools to:
1. Speak knowledgeably and persuasively about human trafficking
2. Provide information about critical resources available to victims in your community
3. Plan and prepare for a speaking engagement
4. Deliver unscripted speeches and PowerPoint presentations (slides included!) to diverse audiences
5. Generate interest among audiences that would not normally listen to a human trafficking presentation
6. Capitalize on your networks to create speaking opportunities where none already exist
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Space is limited. Sign up today!
You can support us by making a donation!